Monday 21 December 2009

beer and wellies

Have a need for some rubber outer-wear, or as Billy Connolly would put it " Af it wizne fer yer wellies wheer wud yu be!" a sentiment I totally agree with. He goes on to add. " Wellies they are wonderful, wellies they are swell, for they keep out the wet and they keep in the smell." How apt is that? He knew a good song when he heard it. Don't get em like that on the X Factor. Another classic is " You're the fag end in my beer can, you're the stone in my left shoe and when I think of great disasters you know I always think of you."
Say that won't do the business when you get dumped this Christmas. A man of the bon mot is our Billy. Always looked a bit of a scally, comes of having hailed from the Glasgow shipyards, may they rest in peace. Not a place for your your Armani. But get him to give you a cuddle and you know what? Under that excuse for a haircut he smells very clean and very expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment