Sunday 4 September 2011

Ozzie and Me Shakin' Together

With or without? Caffeine that is. Some people can't get enough. Ozzy Osbourne did a gene test that showed he couldn't metabolise the stuff. It gave him the shakes. Hmmm, nice one Ozzie, worth a try old son. Made me think.

I love coffee, but I bounce off walls after one cup. If I get the seconds in I"ll be sloshing it everywhere. Not much makes the table. I feared Parkinsons. Then Ozzie revealed his enzyme lack and I wondered and decided to give it a miss. Bingo! No more shaky saucers.

Now they tell me it's all in the mind.The University of East London did a blind test where students were told they were drinking caffeinated coffee when they were not, and vice versa. Test showed the ones who thought they had a chemical hit did as well or badly as the others. No difference noted.

Weird that. Nobody will ever convince me that caffeine has no effect. It might not help me solve puzzles, but it certainly rattles my cage, bugs my eyes and sends me straight to overload and no amount of student testing will convince me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment