Sunday 2 December 2012

Break The Rules And Smile

Rules for the middle-aged - a woman from the Times wants to tell us what they are. No dancing. No modern hairstyles. No top to toe leather and most important of all, no spontaneous expressions of joy.
Thanks for that, lady. The world is surely a better place. Me, I think differently. When I was 15 I was deeply fixated with what other people thought. At 25, not much better, but by 35, with one child and another on the way, I saw the light.
By 45 I was fixed. Couldn't give a spit in the dark about what anyone else thinks. If I want to dance, I do. Fancy a haircut that's blonde fading to dark? A no-no for the rule-maker, but I say go girl!  Bunches? Not my style, but if it's yours, that's fine by me. If it hurts no one and you like it - why the hell not?
Too many people are telling the rest of us what we can and can't do. Nobody will get me in a plastic mini-dress but neither will I be seen in a burkha. So I say don't buy her book and feel great about yourself. Or do - the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment