Saturday 6 April 2013

Devil Deal Does It For Crohn's

Brilliant day! Just published my first book, Devil Deal on Amazon. Can't believe it took so long, but it's out there for £1.53. It's about a young guy who is offered £1m by the Devil, to have for a year and then pay back - or the Devil takes him. He goes for it, travels and meets some very odd people - then the day of reckoning dawns and he is short ...
It zips along, very funny in places, but I've got a bigger reason for doing it. Half of the money raised will go to research into Crohn's disease, which brought my son Ben to the edge of death. Everybody knows someone with Crohn's, it's very common. Multiply a sore stomach by 100, then add on nasal feeding and a bag stuck on your side you spill your guts into. Acid burns your skin. You are 20 years old, can't get out of bed and you look like a skeleton from Belsen.
A 999 ambulance rushes you paralysed and unable to speak to hospital when your calcium crashes. Muscles are made of stone and you are minutes from death. That's complicated Crohn's which my lad got when he was 14 but it took two years to diagnose. Danmage done. That's why I want to help. I've promised half the profit from Devil Deal, by Liz Freeman, my middle name, to Crohn's and Colitis UK. A little bit from a lot of people CAN make a big difference. Thanks to everyone who reads this blog. I know you are out there and that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment