Thursday 28 November 2013

Myth Of A Caring Cosmos


Do you believe in an active universe? Not that the stars are exploding all over the place as they are, but in the sense that a negativity comes back to haunt you?
Someone I know smiles relentlessly. Even if her dog dies. She thinks that good thoughts will feed the cosmos and bring more good stuff her way. Likewise bad thoughts. 
I'm an optimist. I reckon things usually turn out for the best even if they don't seem so brilliant right now. I look on the bright side. Equally though I reserve the right to cry. People who are cheerful through thick and thin are exhausting and dare I say it, tedious. They are also afraid of life.
However amazing our universe, and the fact that it is so mind-blowing never fails to cheer me up, still it goes it's own way, with or without us. Our emotions have no impact and to believe otherwise is to deny us all our basic human right to be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment