Thursday 10 July 2014

Taxing Pence As Billions Go Awol


So the taxman bungled the paperwork and we are all massively short changed because of it. Is anyone surprised? Is anyone thinking: "How could this be?" No. Why?  We all know what a shambles HMRC is.
This week they sent me a bill for 41p and said I need not pay it now but interest would be charged if I left it too late. Forty one pence! That's less than it cost to post the letter. I took it to the post office to pay  but no, can't be done, because they do not include the paperwork. Post lady got one for 60p, so she knew.
So I sent a cheque. Stupid, bungling beaurocracy. Now we discover they are too late to charge the celebrities who secreted away billions to avoid paying tax, despite chasing them for ten years.
That's a lot of letters to and fro. The whole operation needs overhauling and some of these pen pushers shoved out of their jobs. Then we may get a fair and efficient service.

No comments:

Post a Comment