Friday 15 January 2010

Bargain bra? Maybe not

Bought a bra the other day, £6 from Peacocks, bargain. Problem is, it still has the security jobbie attatched. Now here is the dilemma. Do I waltz back in with it and ask them to take it off, assuming the fact that I have returned with the goods puts me in the clear, shoplifter-wise.
Or do they all do that? Pikeys I mean? I thought security men fell out of the walls if anyone so much as dared step towards the door with a tag in place. Bells and sirens, the lot, I thought. Yet it seems really easy to swipe anything without a soul noticing.
Have tried the pliers. No use. Magnets also, nil result. Fact is, just a hint of suspicion will be enough to bring on a guilty blush. Innocent, certainly, but brave - maybe not. And is such a test of courage worth it for six quid? Just how poor am I?

1 comment:

  1. Phone shop. Explain problem for record. Return bra to have tag removed. Alarm won't go off on the way in if it didn't go off on the way out. Apparently. This worked for M&S. Have no idea how to solve blush problem. Think it's genetic.

    ReplyDelete