Wednesday 8 February 2012

Cabbage Patch Speaks Out

" Get this Charlie, we're on page !6 of The Times. Right under Prince Charles! Yeh, really, not my best side exactly, looking a bit yellow round the edges, but it's me alright. Wish I'd known! Would have sung a song, might have made Veg Factor. Or told that great joke of mine, only the one, but still, could have been on Mock the Leek.

"Nobody said they were coming, those scientists. Chance missed, I'd say. Been waiting for this all my life. Just look at me, big and round and beautiful! It's the gas they noticed, apparently. Yes, well,you noticed it too. I'm a cabbage, what can you say!.

"Exactly, quite a lot. Chatty bunch in our bed. Can't shut us up. They chopped a bit off Vera. Her again! She just needs to look at caterpillar and she's off screaming blue murder, but this time, THIS time, they spotted the gas. Our gas, which gets a bit, well whiffier, when we get upset. Sends the word round. Seems they can see it now, got a light sensitive side so they can spot us talking. Bit of a breakthrough, for them.

I'm quite chuffed too. For a cruciform. Maybe now they'll see us in a new light. Won't bet on it though, they'll still be calling folk cabbages. They know nowt do they? Things I could tell them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment