Thursday 9 February 2012

Chinese Parents Should Be in Court

Shocking! The sight of a tiny, almost naked child shivering in the snow freezes the soul. It is horrific. This four-year-old boy, wearing only pants and trainers, is barely old enough to go to school. He cries and pleads as his mother sniggers. It is unbelievably cruel.

Yet his father is proud. He is proud both of his parenting and the pictures. So much so that he loaded the lot onto You Tube. He was trying to toughen up his son. I admit I haven't seen the footage. I could not bear to watch. I will not give screen room to anyone who promotes such suffering.

Had I been in New York and seen this filmed in temperatures that fell to -13C I would have rushed to give this child my coat and called the police. The boy, He Yide is Chinese. His family was on holiday.

People in his home country are divided. Some say the parents' actions are perverted. Others claim families have different ways and should be left alone. No, what's wrong is wrong. This was criminal in anybody's culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment