Thursday 19 December 2013

Ian Sets The Dogs On Child Rapists


 Child rape victim Ian McFadyen bears no shame - and that makes today a very happy day. His story makes me feel brilliant. Why? Because he feels able to tell it at all. We have finally come to realise that rape and in particular child rape, is a despicaple, horrific crime that must always carry the steepest penalties.
The victim is never to blame - but for too long we let them feel at fault because this unbelievably dreadfulful thing happened to them. Ian was an 11-year-old screaming in agony as his teacher repeatededly raped him, taking pleasure in his body and most of all his pain.
If I had walked in on such a scene I would happily have brained George Hill with whatever came to hand and taken the consequences. It would have caused me no twinge of conscience to have left him dead. Sorry if that offends you, but I believe we all have a duty to protect vulnerable children.
Ian went on to have a life filled with desperation and trauma, yet a judge could have brought his tormentor to justice ten years ago, but didn't want to rake over old memories. Sod that! What about Ian's memories? Finally  he can now talk of what happened at Caldicott school and not worry that anyone will think worse of him for speaking out. 
His abuser killed himself. Hill couldn't live with the shame. Ian is alive and telling his story today and we are paying attention and seeking out the men who think they can get away with this terrible crime. Hopefully more people will come forward with their evidence. That's what makes today a great day. Thank you Ian.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, I don't seek revenge or retribution. I am a man more than equipped to have delivered that myself had I chosen to. I just want people to know that these supposed pillars of our communities are nothing more than child rapists, whom enjoy and relish in violating young children. I am nothing special or braver than the next person, but what I am is refusing to be silenced. Thanks for all your kind words.
    Ian McFadyen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The schools official line, and yet still no one contacts us to apologise!
    http://www.caldicott.com/December2013.aspx?id=583

    ReplyDelete