Friday 2 July 2010

Once a Shrekkie...

Give me the ogre every time. Filthy fun with Shrek - yep, that's a goer. Bound to be a belly laugh even if the dinner stinks. Can't abide Buzz Lightyear. The pop-eyed one would not be hot if he had a fling with Donkey's dragon and started breathing fire. As if she would. I mean, where's the wit in that twit?

We all seem to fall one way or the other. Fat, green Glaswegian or gay cowboy, Take your pick. Cinema critics say that the new Shrek relies on old jokes. We LIKE old jokes. If they are good ones. Donkey's " I had my mouth open as well!" always gets a giggle in this house. Along with " Grit, spit and a whole lot of duct tape! " or "Hurry before we all come to our senses!" from the brilliant Madagascar. Toy Story just doesn't do it for me. Bring on the Land of Far, Far Away and watch the eyes light up.

No comments:

Post a Comment