Tuesday 17 August 2010

Ambushed by ads

Feeling slightly smug today. I spotted it you see. The ad, in the paper, the one that says "I"m homeless, will you help me?" It's usually tucked away on page 10, under some story nobody can be bothered to read. Then a bit later on, wham, there"s the big, full page jobbie, headlined:"Did you See John?" No, well get your wallet out and start caring you cold, heartless swine!

I never see them usually, but today, the sweet, little face struck a chord. I'd love to help, I really would, but I'm still not sending anything though, because yes, I do have a heart of stone and no, I don't like being ambushed like that. Every other page seems to be asking for my cash and while some causes are always on my list, kids and cancer mainly, others will have to wait their turn or I will be the one homeless. Is that uncaring? Maybe, but I do wonder at the cost of the ads they take out to tell me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment