Saturday 26 February 2011

Frilled with EasyJet

Got a new love in my life and this one's a stayer. Totally besotted with easyJet. Scoff not, while I tell you why. It's because when no one else would go near Egypt, easyJet got me there, and back, on time, with no problems at all. This when the travel agents threw up their hands and said:"no, never, are you mad?" and the government was warning against all but essential travel.

Seriously daunting, especially when there was no insurance to be had. I could see us dodging bullets and angry crowds or at the very least going down with some dreadful lurgy and having to lease a private jet just to get home.

Granted it's no frills. So no plastic slop posing as a meal. A Mars bar costs about three quid. Added to that, they land in Kent, or somewhere like that, and it's a long haul to the terminal. "Are we there yet?" you hear some plaintive voice cry.

There were only about 30 people on our flight out. We all felt pretty intrepid. No cancellation, though what we paid would barely cover the captain's bar bill. He was on top form though. As were the rest of the crew. They don't make you feel you are travelling goat class just because you got it cheap. I'm smitten, and already got my eye on my next easyJet destination - they've got frills enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment