Saturday 5 June 2010

Chandi the Dancing Dog Deserves it.

She's 12, she's gorgeous and she dances like a dream. Will she win Britain's Got Talent - yep I'd put good money on it. We are a nation of dog lovers so if the lovely Chandi can't pull it off tonight I'm a Dalmation.
She's up against some stiff competition in Spelbound but I still think she'll take it by more than a whisker. Well deserved and good luck to her and trainer Tina Humphrey.
Still I bet there's a dark side. Bound to be the odd loony talking about cruelty to animals. May even be a bit of hate mail, all capital letters and green ink. They'll be saying it's wrong to teach a dog to dance. Getting her up in front of all those baying crowds and bright lights, what is Tina thinking of?
Old ladies used to protest when our dog ran with the kids' bikes. Too much for him they'd yell and start swinging their handbags, ignoring the fact that the animal was clearly in his element. A friend has a Min Pin, that's a miniature Doberman Pinscher and she is forever being told that the dog is too young to be out. At eight? Hardly.
Maybe I'll make it to old age. Have to hope so but will I manage to mind my own business when that happy day arrives? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment