Wednesday 19 October 2011

Gok Wan Champion of Cheap Fashion

I love Gok Wan. I've said it. Our house empties when he comes on, because the boys can't stand him. Me, I think he's great. Not because of his styling, which can be a bit iffy in my, admittedly, often frumpy opinion, but because he has a warm heart.

He's kind. He makes the girls feel good. I've heard he can be a horror with the models who find him a bit of a diva, but to your lass in the street he is a fabulous big brother with sharp designer specs and a neat ear ring. He makes them feel like superstars.

Trouble is, he dresses them like Mary Poppins. Last night he had one girl with the complete kit, down to the carpet bag. Thought she might haul a lampstand out of it. Practically perfect in every way. He showed us how to make a fox tail to hang off our handbags - bang on trend, he says. It probably is. I really wouldn't know. I do like the way he champions the cheap stuff though. Bit of a kick in the pants to an industry still happily charging over a grand for a handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment