Tuesday 5 March 2013

Going Going - Get Rid of NHS Chief

Death has a way of sneaking up on a body. No idea he's about to come knocking, most of the timde. That's how I like it. In Florida there was a corpse on the gold course, just about par for most days among the old codgers there, while an ancient biddy played a cracking hand of bridge before making up a four with her maker.
My uncle George dropped dead off a bar stool, having hit the same floor several times before. A thick kid working as a builder's mate brought a wall down on top of him, failing to grasp the concept of gravity.
I've known diabetics choke on sugar forced on them by sweet friends and young men jump under buses thinking their cancer was incurable. It wasn't Sad cases all. God knows when my time will come. I'm glad I don't.
Just hoping it's not in an NHS hospital with Sir David Nicholson in charge. Can you imagine, they gave him a knighthood? Enough to bring on a seizure.

No comments:

Post a Comment