Friday 21 June 2013

Give Patients The Whistle To Blow On Bad Staff

So the NHS is a total shambles and the Care Quality Commission thought only of themselves. Nobody is surprised, so what next?
Must get people in who understand hospitals, says the Health Secretary, not  just send in any odd bod and expect them to know what to look for.
Sounds fine - but surely NHS types will take care of each other, that's the problem. Who's going to blow the whistle then? Not that anyone can hear it.
My suggestion? Let the patients and their relatives have a cast iron way of being heard without repercussions. Allow them to say what they have found, anonymously if need be, but with a firm assurance that their worries will be investigated and poor care rooted out.
Patients and their visitors know when it goes wrong, I know, I've been there and wished that I had someone with clout to complain to. Give the people at the sharp end a say, listen to them, act,  and  only then will things begin to get better

PS I'm passionate about a better deal for patients, that's why I'm giving half the profits of my book to medical research. Devil Deal, Liz Freeman. casts £1.53 on Amazon UK and $2.99 on Amazon.com It's  a fun thriller and an escape,  plus it may do some good. Many thanks everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment