Friday 12 July 2013

Chimps A Passing Phase

A  chimp made a pass at me in my pink jumpsuit. He thought I was up for it. Cheeky boy. Sad to hear that Louis the star of the PG Tips ads is dead. No one will forget him hauling that piano as the scruffian says: " Dad, do you know the piano's on my foot?" "You hum it son and I'll play it," is a classic.
They don't do tea parties at the zoo any more or dress them up in hats and pants for TV ads. That has to be a good thing. Watching them hang about listlessly in our zoos is another matter. A chimp can work out how to get a peanut from the bottom of a tube far faster than most humans would manage it.* Are they bored out of their big brains?
Look into any chimp's eyes and a cousin stares back. In 100 years will we look back and be ashamed at what we did to these amazing animals?
*He sucked up water from his drinking bowl and spat it into the tube until the peanut flloated to the surface. Too clever for comfort.
PS If you like what I write please get my book Devil Deal by Liz Freeman on Amazon. It will be free for a few days and then priced at £1.53, with half of the net profit going to medical research. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment