Sunday 28 July 2013

Facebook For The Baby Boomers

 I  love Facebook - mainly because I'm not on it.. The latest stats on users is an eye-opener too. Thought Facebookers were young, savvy and having a party every night? Wrong, so wrong.
All those boozy twenty types with their blonde curtains and slinky frocks are not the biggest users after all. The even younger ones don't give a toss either - only 7% of teenagers are keen.
No, it's the 45 to 55 plus age group that are the biggest fans of Facebook at 42%. Who'd have thought it? Not me. Joined once, then burned hot and cold as it asked everybody I've ever contacted, including work colleagues, if they wanted to friend me. No, no, go away I'm taking this down, NOW! Sure to have been my fault, but I'm sweating now just thinking about it.
Some middle-agers I know like to friend their kids on Facebook, to see what they are up to. My advice -  maybe get a life of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment