Thursday 30 December 2010

Save Me a Seat Cilla!

Cilla's got the right idea. Been reading today that 10m of us can expect to make 100. What a prospect! Cilla Black says she will be ready to go at 75 and she's spot on. It's not the getting old. The alternative is worse. It's the horrible, helpless indignity of it all. How do you cope with that? Missing marbles must be a blessing.

Been spending some time in our local hospital. It's an eye-opener. Everyone there seems to be over 75 and shaky. Commodes and Zimmer Frames rule. They were testing one old boy's cognisance. That's easy. None left, since 20 minutes ago he was standing starkers by his bed peeing on the sheets. The lovely nurse who cleaned up after him sighed: " Why do I always get naked?" Hope you do girl, lots of times, before you get to that stage.

I say there's good reason for calling it a day long before. Save me a seat on that flight to Zurich Cilla.

1 comment:

  1. Yep I agree! Cilla has been bagged a lot on the internet for stating, what I think, is the obvious. I've worked in age care for many years and I would hate to live that way. As Bette Davis said 'Old age ain't for sissies!!'

    ReplyDelete